Life on the internet is a second nature to them. They shop online practically all the time, follow trends, pay attention to quality social proof, and care about influencers' opinions. How do reviews fit into all of this? Find out more in today's article.
Generation Z was born between the years 1990 and 2010.
Despite being relatively young, this doesn't limit their economic activity. Here are some characteristics:
- Compared to other generations, they are highly critical. Whether buying services or products, they care about getting the promised quality. If a brand disappoints them, they are not afraid to speak up or even resort to boycotting.
- They are willing to pay extra for products that align with their values. For example, 73% are willing to pay up to 10% more for a sustainable alternative.
- Generally, they are more frugal. Growing up with their parents during the economic crisis taught them to shop wisely and avoid impulsive purchases.
- They are all about online experiences. 60% use social media to discover new products, and 48% make direct purchases through these platforms. 70% are influenced in their buying decisions by their favorite influencers.
Reviews are invaluable to Generation Z.
They verify everything they need to know - product quality, brand values, and the opinions of other buyers. The following survey provides more insights:
- The number of stars is important, but the actual texts matter more. 63% of Gen Z finds all the necessary information in reviews that they need to consider before making a purchase.
- The volume of reviews matters the most to Gen Z compared to previous generations. For 84% of respondents, it is the most crucial factor for products/brands they perceive as new.
- Visuals are an absolute must-have. 99% of Gen Z are more likely to make a purchase when visuals are present, which is an impressively high statistic in online marketing.
- Fake reviews concern Gen Z, as well as overly perfect ratings. Both indicate potential questionable sales practices, which can be a dealbreaker for Gen Z.
- High-quality reviews reduce the risk of product returns by up to 75%.